on, Tue Nov 12, 2013 by, kkillgore1
TRI-OKC 2014 Scholarship Program –Scholarship Chair Kristin Killgore
- The TRI-OKC Scholarship Program is open to all active club members who need assistance to attend a race. The funds are provided to offset travel costs, races entries, and hotel expenses only. The program has three yearly scholarships that must be applied for by December 5th, 2013 for the next year. Scholarships will be awarded through a lottery system by January 1st.
- International Scholarship: $1000 – This fund is available to all club members who qualify for a World Championship Triathlon or Duathlon.
- National Scholarship: $500 – This fund is available to all club members who qualify for a USAT National Championship Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathon, or Aquabike.
- General Scholarship: (2) $250 – This fund is available to all club members who need assistance to attend any multisport event which may be held outside the state of Oklahoma.
- Eligibility Rules:
- All active club members with a minimum of 1 year club membership.
- To apply write a letter explaining what race, when, and why you would appreciate assistance and email it to the scholarship chair. Kristin Killgore- email@example.com
- You must provide a minimum of 8 hours volunteer time to the club throughout the year and report those hours to the scholarship chairman.
- You must represent the club in our club uniform during the race if allowed by race rules.
- The scholarships will be offered on a yearly basis and you are eligible to apply every year.
- You may apply for multiple scholarships in a given year, but you are only eligible to receive one.
- You must submit receipts for the expenses you would like reimbursement for by October 31st of the year you are accepting the scholarship.
- TRI-OKC holds the right to revoke a scholarship if any of the above statements are abused.
- You must sign an affidavit summarizing the above agreement and return it to the scholarship chair before money will be reimbursed.