Ironman Louisville

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Ironman Louisville

Postby killie » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:53 pm

I've signed up for my first IM in Louisville in August of 2011. Is anyone else doing it? I've been training on my own but I'd like to have some company/motivation out there.

Thanks.
killie

Postby Rocky » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:01 am

I'm planning to go, but as part of the Sports Massage Team.

I'm getting back into tri training this season, but only sprints & Oly's so I probably won't be much help there.

Let me know if you have any questions about IM-L'ville. I've been there the last 4 years, plus several club members have raced there the few years too.
"Treat kindness with kindness;
Treat evil with justice."
- Confucius, "The Brass Rule"
Rocky
Iron Athlete

Postby glen woods » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:00 pm

I have raced it twice, shoot me an email if you have any questions. Also, Heather Gollnick has put together a 7 part preview of the race that you can find on you tube.
glen woods
Iron Athlete

Postby killie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:32 pm

Glen,
What's the best approach for dealing with the heat? Did you train in the hot Oklahoma summer sun?
thanks.
killie

Postby mike » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:23 am

when I trained for Kona I would wait for the hottest time of the day to train both years
and it must have worked because I never felt really hot tired yes but not overly hot
mike
Iron Athlete

Postby glen woods » Tue May 03, 2011 3:30 pm

I did 2 workouts per day and I made sure one was during the hottest part of the day. The temps here were in the 100s during August, so the mid 90s did not seem bad when I got to Louisville. On my long days on the weekends I would do a long brick and not start until noon, that way I would get in about 6 hours during the heat of the day. I also did something that might seem extreme, I quit using my air conditioner in my vehicles and at home. I wanted my body to get accustomed to being hot all the time. I saw a lot of people from northern states dropping like flies from the heat when I was there.
glen woods
Iron Athlete

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD