Transition

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Transition

Postby having fun » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Just wondering what you would do and what is legal to do. I rack my bike at the end of a rack put my stuff beside bike sort of back a little since I am at the end. The pole had a 2 in hangover. I check my gear close to closing of transition everything looks good. Out of pool everything appears to be good. Back off bike what no place for my bike? What? Some jerk decided the 2in hangover for his tall bike was a perfect slot. I could not get to the rest of my stuff ie running shoes and belt since I set them behind cycling shoes they were further back. there was no staff to assist me I had to hold this bike since it was so freaking tall it did not rest on the rack unless it was slanted covering my stuff. I had to hold his bike to get mine on the rack. I did let staff know afterwards but no results. I waited to let the man know what i had to do to get out of transistion he was like so what do you want me to do about it it not my fault. HELLO! I showed him how he left me no room he could care less he said sorry but not sincerely which would have been great and said I will pay better attention next time. this was not the case. What would you do and what is appropriate to do. Yes I thought about dropping his bike instead of holding but decided to be a better person than that.
having fun

Postby Bart » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Ok I've had a long day so this my sway my response. But I think I would have slit the tires. Then throw it as far over the transition fence as I could.
Bart A. Boren
232-5220
http://www.bartborenlaw.com
"A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step." JFK
Bart
Olympian

Postby mike » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:08 am

Most usat sanctioned races have officials you should have notified
them and since he didn't rack his bike wrong he could get a penality
or dq'ed
I once had an gentleman throw his wetsuit goggles cap on top of my gear
so I just threw it out of the way then in t2 I find his bike laying on top of my
run things so I just threw them out of the way again(thought about stomping his disc)
but this was before the real sanctioning began and officials were scarce
and wouldn't have known what to do
mike
Iron Athlete

Postby buzz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:08 pm

It can be frustrating. Without numbered bike racks and no marshall you're kind of screwed. Technically, you can't touch/move somebody else's gear without a race official present.
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby tdjme » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:40 pm

You just have to work around it during the race. However, to report it, be sure to ask for "an official". Most of the folks wandering around transition are volunteers that are just being nice people and helping out. The official, on the other hand, may take some sort of action.

One of my pet peeves is the guy that decides to tie baloons to the cross bar in order to mark his location. The damn things blow all over the place, get in my way, get wrapped around the bars on my bike etc...
... not fast but having a lot of fun!..
tdjme
Age Grouper

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD