2011 Ironman Coeur d’Alene & Bike Transport

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

2011 Ironman Coeur d’Alene & Bike Transport

Postby Mitch » Fri May 06, 2011 12:26 pm

The participant list on the race website tells me there are about 8 of us Okies doing the 2011 Ironman Coeur d’Alene. Are any of you on this forum?

The last bit of my logistics planning is shipping my bike. To me the best option would be TriBikeTransport.com , but they don’t have a scheduled stop in OKC.

I talked to Tyler at TriBike Transport and pointed out that if they were making stops in Texas and Kansas, chances are they would be driving though our city. He told me they could probably add a stop here but would guarantee one if I could get at least one other bike to ship.

Any takers?

What does everyone else use for bike transport; I really don’t want to buy and expensive box and pay the airlines any more than necessary, and I liked the idea of the bike staying fully assembled.

Thanks
Mitch

Postby lnorris » Sat May 07, 2011 7:48 pm

I'm going. Nice to meet you on the ride today btw..

If no one else takes you up on the TriBike Transport option, I know Schlegals, packs up and ships bikes. Might call them and see what the options are.

If you are flying, checking as luggage is sometimes the best option. There is a thread on Slowtwitch talking about the different airlines and how they deal with bikes here: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2396572;page=1;mh=-1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC

Good luck and drop me a line.

- Larry Norris
- Larry Norris
I'm not a slow swimmer, I just enjoy it so I take my time...
lnorris
Olympian

Postby Mitch » Tue May 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Nice to meet you too Larry! What are the odds....

Thanks for the info. I will check with Schlegals.

Mitch
Mitch

Postby Mitch » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:02 pm

If anyone is still needing a way to ship there bike to Idaho, I talked TriBikeTransport into making a stop in OKC June 19th after they stop in Texas. Let me know if you're interested.
Mitch

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD