(oops- Trey and I posted at the same time)
first: breathe, breathe, relax....
1. there IS a pre-race meeting- once transition closes (about 7)
2. bike number goes on your seatpost, or on the downtube or on the top tube. Just put it where race officials can see it as they pass you on the motorcycles.
3. you'll get bodymarked when you go into transition
4. camelbaks are legal- drink away- it's gonna be hot!
5. transition opens at 6. Racks will be assigned. Get there about 6-6:30 to set up, walk transition to know where your bike is when you come out of the swim, get a feel for where you'll go in/out of transition.
You'll do GREAT!! Don't worry!!
There is something uncanny in the noiseless rush of the cyclist, as he comes in to view, passes by and disappears.
- Popular Science, 1891