Guidance needed please

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Guidance needed please

Postby Cornbred » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:45 am

I thought I was ready for this Tri, but am now starting to stress a bit. I am really kinda clueless in this whole thing. Is there a pre-race meeting in the morning? Where do i put the bike number? Do i put my own body marking numbers on myself? Are Camelbacks legal? It starts at 730, what time do i need to be there? Dang I have so many questions in my mind I am starting syking myself out. Please any guidance suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cornbred

Postby tcone » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Relax, you will be fine! There is a pre-race meeting at 7:00. Placement of bike number depends on your bike. I put mine on the seatpost, but you just need to put it somewhere where it is easily visible by the refs, from either side. Do not body mark yourself, they will do that tomorrow morning at the race site when you rack your bike in transition. To my knowledge, camelbacks are legal. I would advise that you get to the race site about an hour prior to the race to allow time for bike and run transition set-up, become familiar with the logistics of the event, warm-up and visit the porta potty...

Good luck!
tcone
Olympian

Postby Tanya » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:15 pm

(oops- Trey and I posted at the same time)

first: breathe, breathe, relax....

1. there IS a pre-race meeting- once transition closes (about 7)

2. bike number goes on your seatpost, or on the downtube or on the top tube. Just put it where race officials can see it as they pass you on the motorcycles.

3. you'll get bodymarked when you go into transition

4. camelbaks are legal- drink away- it's gonna be hot!

5. transition opens at 6. Racks will be assigned. Get there about 6-6:30 to set up, walk transition to know where your bike is when you come out of the swim, get a feel for where you'll go in/out of transition.

You'll do GREAT!! Don't worry!!
There is something uncanny in the noiseless rush of the cyclist, as he comes in to view, passes by and disappears.
- Popular Science, 1891
Tanya
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby Cornbred » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 pm

Thanks so much yall. See yall out there!
Cornbred

Postby curt9988 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 am

So how'd ya do??
curt9988
Age Grouper

Postby Cornbred » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:54 am

I finished! That was my main goal. All the things I was stressing about was really nuttin to stress. I had a blast.
Cornbred

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD