The bridge

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

The bridge

Postby mobcal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Is the bridge supposed to be finished by then, or will the routes not include the bridge?
mobcal

Postby buzz » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:53 pm

The new course will start at Rt 66 Park, not sure if Des will take it past the bridge.....

However, I was looking at putting a short Du out there and using the bridge as Transition Area, city willing. Run on the east side of lake, and bike on the west side. Also talking to the people at Ft Reno about doing one there....after they get the tornado damage cleaned up.
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby mobcal » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Buzz,

That would be a great course. The west side of the lake is a perfect flat and fast bike out and back, and the east side of the lake would be a good run course. That old bridge is a cool landmark also. I don't know if people know, but it's mentioned in The Grapes of Wrath. I think that's a great idea. I'm just afraid it might be a while before they have the bridge finished. I read somewhere that they were talking about a 5 year timeline from from start to finish. I sure hope it doesn't take that long.
mobcal

Postby buzz » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:01 pm

well I went there in January to figure out the course.,...then oh, oh....I didn't know they removed the bridge flooring....would make it tough to rack your bike.
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD