need suggestion for doctor

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

need suggestion for doctor

Postby tridan87 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:47 pm

Hey guys,
I am needing a suggestion for a good doctor to look at my shoulder. I have been having some pain the last couple of weeks and I want to have it looked at before I hurt it worse. I just don't know who to go to that would understand the importance of training as soon as I can and who won't use surgery as a first resort. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks.
Shannon
Dan Agnew,
tridan87

Postby Tridonhart » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Shannon
You might consider "D J Flesher" at Othopedic Associates. I have used him on several occassions with very positive results. "D J" has done Ironman Kona Tri and many half irons. He has a full understanding of the need to stay fit while recovering. His receptionist is Kristi, tell her you are a triathlete and she will get you the best appointment time she can.
D Hart
Tridonhart
Sprinter

Postby buzz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:30 pm

I 2nd that. Ask for Kristi Perkins to see DJ. You'll probably end up getting xrays and a cortizone shot.
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby motherbrucker » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Dr. Jimmy Conway at OSSO is great too.
Britney

"Races are won in the Winter."
motherbrucker
Age Grouper

Postby Melissa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:21 pm

I have been seeing DJ Flesher for many years.
I definitely recommend him!
If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise.

Robert Fritz
Melissa
Iron Athlete

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD