Alan Spencer & Clyde Riggs Memorial Ride July 16

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Alan Spencer & Clyde Riggs Memorial Ride July 16

Postby sarah haizlip » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:11 pm

This weekend will be the 1 year Anniversary of Alan Spencer & Clyde Riggs' hit and run deaths. The family has requested a Memorial Ride and are still trying to get leads that will result in the identification of the drivers. We will leave from Oakdale Elementary Saturday July 16 @ 7pm & visit both Ghost Bikes during the ride. I know Norman Conquest is that morning, I'll be there too, but please don't let that stop you from coming that evening. Please come show the family we will remember their loved ones and show your support. Spread the word, I'd LOVE to have as many people as we did last year! Let me know if there are questions.
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go."
- T.S. Eliot
sarah haizlip
Olympian

Postby redtex » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Hefner from I-35 east to about Air Depot (being just east of Oakdale School ) is now re-surfaced.
redtex

Postby sarah haizlip » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:58 am

Yep! Rob and I drove the route yesterday just to make sure everything was good. All the construction is clear on the route. Hope you all can come out to show that although we may have moved on with our lives, we realize their's are forever changed and we wanted to take the time on the 1 year anniversary to recognize it.
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go."
- T.S. Eliot
sarah haizlip
Olympian

Postby Pascal » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Hey Sarah, Oakdale's parking lot is pretty small. How many people are you anticipating will be there? Also, any idea how long the ride will last. Let me know. Thanks!
A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step... Confucius
Pascal
Age Grouper

Postby redtex » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Plenty of parking surrounding the school area (back, sides, just west of school is more parking). The church across the street can accommodate but not sure if they would allow or have some event at that time. Please do not park in the Oakdale housing addition.
redtex

Postby sarah haizlip » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:32 am

Hey Pascal, This is where the larger of our 2 groups met last year. There's plenty of parking along the east side of the school. The actual route is only about 11 miles. I know Alan's family is going to be there and just say a few brief words then we'll head over to visit Clyde's Ghost Bike. I think Channel 9 will also be there. I have no idea how many people to expect. A lot of people are out of town. I'm really hoping we get a good turn out though.
- T.S. Eliot
sarah haizlip
Olympian

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD