ALL BEACHES AT ARCADIA LAKE ARE OPEN AS OF 1PM JULY 11

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

ALL BEACHES AT ARCADIA LAKE ARE OPEN AS OF 1PM JULY 11

Postby Jane H » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:16 pm

I have been notified by Lake Arcadia officials that the beaches are open for swimming.

Please sign up asap for this Sunday July 17th Splash and Dash Race. Please support our club races so that we may continue to offer local race alternatives for our members and the tri community at large.

Registration is open at signmeup. Please see previous post for link to registration.

Let's make this a great race and have a big club turnout. We can garner lots of club points with this race if you our members participate. Buzz, myself and other race directors and volunteers spend a lot of time making sure our members have ample race opportunities within our immediate OKC area. Please support TRI OKC!!

Thanks,

Jane Hresko
Buon Giorno!
Jane H
Olympian

Splash and Dash is ON!!!

Postby Jane H » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Swam this morning and the water is about as clear as I have ever seen it. No signs of algae, foamy crap or anything else. Sun was a little too bright for my goggles - breathing to the left only. I suggest shaded goggles for our S&D race this weekend since it is early a.m. and the sun is coming up with a glare on the water.

The water is warm but not hot - obviously no wet suits though. All in all it was a great morning for swimming and I am happy there is no health threat from the water.

BTW I need several volunteers to man kayaks and help with our race sunday morning. Please reply to jane@cpaokc.net if you can help me.

Thanks,

Jane
Buon Giorno!
Jane H
Olympian

Water?

Postby skip » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Will there be water available on the run course?
skip
Age Grouper

8 oz water bottles available on run course for S&D

Postby Jane H » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:50 pm

Skip; We will have ozarka 8 oz. water bottles available on the run course which is a two loop .95mile course. The run on the beach in between swim laps (2) will make up the rest of the two mile course.

Jane
Buon Giorno!
Jane H
Olympian

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD