Last Splash - Long Swim Sept 15th 6 pm

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Last Splash - Long Swim Sept 15th 6 pm

Postby Jane H » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Well it has been a great Splash and Dash Summer Series. Here we are in September anxiously awaiting the arrival of Redman Triathlon. So in preparation for the longer swim distances of Redman we will drop the dash and spend all of our time splashing. However, you may run as much as you like if you choose to.

We will meet at Spring Creek Park Arcadia Lake Edmond one last time this year as a formal group. Let's get started at 6 pm to 6:15 since it is getting dark earlier now days. We will set up a swim course as long as possible to reduce the number of laps it will take to reach 1.2 to 2.4 miles. Anyone knowing kayakers should ask them to come so we can lengthen the course. As of now the water is still very comfortable, but wetsuits are acceptable.

We also will bid farewell to our Splash and Dash helper - Larry Norris (who is moving to Austin - darn him). First Beau bails on me, now Larry, hmmm, am I a slavedriver or just plain intolerable. I will be in need of new victims to help me next year- don't be shy about volunteering. Anyway, let's make a party of the night and give Larry a big thank you for all he has done for TRI OKC. We won't even make him cook hot dogs. I'll order pizza. You bring your fav adult beverages.

Come on out and have a splashin good time! See you next Thursday evening 6 pm at Spring Creek Park. Jane Hresko
Please RSVP for food quantity purposes : contact me at jane@cpaokc.net
Buon Giorno!
Jane H
Olympian

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD