Body vs Earth Tri

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Body vs Earth Tri

Postby buzz » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:51 pm

For $30, it's worth it to do this event. Last Saturday was perfect weather.....lake is low, but no issues because of it.
Swim: Still crystal clear water on 500m swim. According to my swim time, it was pretty accurate. Actually tucked my Forerunner under my swim cap to track time/distance.
Bike: They say 18 miles, my Garmin said 17.0...which another person had. Almost bought the farm on the last gully wash....I was on aerobars and didn't see a pothole due to shadows. I thought I was flying on flying on flat road at 26mph.....when I hit the turnaround,....oooops, I had a tailwind...a little slower going back. Unfortunately I didn't even make it out onto the main road without getting lost. Took a wrong turn and ended up in the damn RV parking lot. Know the course.
Run: Well, confirmed already what I expected....I didn't think this course was over 3.5 miles, posted as 4 miles. I got 3.23 (so did Chrisy K). I looked at the grade on my print out.....two of those stinking hills were 25%+.
The only issue is, the run course is not well marked. I know that course and still stopped 3x thinking I took a wrong turn due to no markers. Several people got lost. Cat Isom, it cost her a win, and JA Pryse still won but he probably lost 3 minutes going down a dead end trail. Needed another water stop on run course too. Should have placed on on the gravel road...this is where most people get turned around and miss the turns....both out and back. (It's an hour-glass shaped course).

Regardless, I'll go back
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby ChristyK » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:24 pm

I will do this one again....great location, awesome time of year...and an ADVENTURE (to say the least). Not to mention I won first in my AG which NEVER happens! Woo hoo!
Loving every minute of it!
ChristyK

Postby arbucklemicah » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:39 am

yeah I feel bad for Cat, I rode beside her on the bike for a couple of miles and she said it was her first tri, she got ahead of me on the run and she was the only woman who finished above me, I was wondering how she didn't place. Unbelievable run (hike) course. I along with 2 more runners got lost for over 3 minutes before one of the big hills, ended up dead ended by the lake just laughing, enjoyed and needed the breather. For a sprint tri, it truly is a body vs. Earth, the best and most challenging sprint tri I have done in Oklahoma. Could use another water break on the course, I figured it would be challenging being on a Military base. Low water crossings are a bit jarring. After the run course I am ready to track a whitetail over any mountains in Oklahoma :lol: .
arbucklemicah

Postby triserf » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:12 am

Buzz, I got 16.99 on the bike course, but, I didn't go through the RV lot :) If anyone did not fill out the survey after the race, I have an electronic copy from the RD. If you want to fill one out, e-mail or PM me and I will send it to you. With the uniqueness of this course, I will definitely put it on my calendar for next year. I can't believe more athletes don't participate. Then again, maybe they've seen the run course :o
Finish what you start
David Dillingham
triserf

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD