Ironman Arizona

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Ironman Arizona

Postby ouwelsh » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:20 am

Here lying in bed just relaxing less than 12 hours before the start of my second full distance race and first Mdot full. Did the practice swim and it is by far the coldest water I have ever swam in at 62 degrees. It took my breath away at first but after about 120 seconds I felt ok. Very happy I bought a neoprene cap. Got my bike checked in as well as my gear bags.

Getting up at 2:00 am to pound some nutrition. Try to sleep until four and then get up and take a shower, eat, answer nature's calling and then head down to transition at 5:15. More to come after the race. Here with some great guys that I train with and enjoy the camaraderie.
2012 Race Schedule

70.3 Oceanside, IMCdA, Redman
ouwelsh
Sprinter

Postby tdjme » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:09 pm

I am hoping to do Ironman Arizona next year. However, I have heard that it sells out almost immediately? How hard was it for you to get into IM AZ?
... not fast but having a lot of fun!..
tdjme
Age Grouper

Postby mike » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:49 am

From what I understand if your not in now for 2012 the earliest you'll get in
is 2013. You need to be on line and possibly multiple friends on other computers
with your information the second it opens and continue to try until it fills or you get in.
mike
Iron Athlete

Postby gadugi » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:16 pm

It is tough to register and really frustrates people but if your heart is set on the race an option is to go through Carmichael training systems. Of course it doesn't fit everyone's wants and needs but it worked for me. They had several options available.
gadugi
Sprinter

Postby ouwelsh » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Athletes from this years race were allowed to register Thursday. Volunteers were allowed to register early Monday morning and then open registration took place about 4 hours before it was opened up online. This the slots online sold out in less than 20 minutes. When I signed up last year, I literally had two iPhones going and two computers and got in. There may still be Foundation slots open. Great venue - would recommend it.
2012 Race Schedule

70.3 Oceanside, IMCdA, Redman
ouwelsh
Sprinter

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD