Edmond Pools

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Edmond Pools

Postby jon c » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:52 pm

I am new to the Tri-Sport world, I have been to the Edmond Y pool on a few occasions and it is so crowded you can hardly get in I have yet to try the UCO pool has anyone tried the Y in the early morning sessions? thanks jon
jon c

Re: Edmond Pools

Postby pculley » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:02 am

I don't know anything about the Y's, but Lighthouse has around 10 lanes and you can almost always get a lane to yourself in the mornings. The pool is usually pretty busy in the evenings.
pculley
Age Grouper

Postby tdjme » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Jon. Those of us that live in Edmond seem to divide into four camps... (1) swim at Gold's on Danforth (often crowded), (2) duke it out for a lane at the Y, or (3) take master's classes at UCO (last time I checked that's the only way to get access unless you are a student or staff), or join Lighthouse if you work on that side of OKC. Lighthouse is a super pool, but maybe not convenient for you (it isn't for me) depending on where you live in Edmond, or where you work.

Once it warms up a little, a lot of us swim at Arcadia at Spring Creek Park.
... not fast but having a lot of fun!..
tdjme
Age Grouper

Postby SuzQ » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Go read the other similar thread.....discussion there too! I vote Y, but then I have been a Y member for 10ish years. You might ask the Y if you can have a trial membership for a week to check out the pools in the area.
SuzQ

Postby jon c » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks everyone for the replys I am a Y member, I was just checking to see if there was a better place (less Crowded) but I guess I will just have to deal with the crowd. I will try the early morning times I have not done that yet.
jon c

Postby redtex » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:44 am

Ive used the Oklahoma Christian campus pool many times (Bryant and Memorial area). I usually get a punch card. Some HS teams use it usaully early am or late afternoon, but other than that short time it usually is not crowded. Very clean. They will at times be closed for some holidays.
redtex

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD