Lighthouse or YMCA cost

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Lighthouse or YMCA cost

Postby Ryan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 am

Looks like Gold's is trying to up my membership cost so I'm looking elsewhere. Pretty disappointed too since it was only $10 a month now.

I thought I heard something about Lighthouse having a Tri OKC corporate rate. Any ideas what that runs?

Looks like the Edmond Y is ~38 on the website, do they have corporate rates? All I'm looking for is a pool and I live in Edmond.
Ryan
Olympian

Re: Lighthouse or YMCA cost

Postby buzz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:54 pm

YMCA: No special rates that I'm aware of...... unless you can't afford it. They are building a new facility by Edmond Park that's supposed to have a nice aquatics center (open in 2013?), and they recently opened another one up north that supposedly has a "short" pool that nobody uses. (all of this is 2nd hand information)
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby tdjme » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Hey Ryan. I work out at Gold's also, and also have the issue of fees going up. Even with the new rate (I think it was $25/mo) it is still cheaper than other gyms with pools - based on the last time I got pricing, which was a couple of years ago. Some of the TRIOKC folks do master's classes at the pool at UCO, but I think you will pay as much or more doing that, as with just going to Golds. Since I live around the corner from them, I will probably stay.
... not fast but having a lot of fun!..
tdjme
Age Grouper

Postby Ryan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Thanks. Yeah Golds isn't bad but I've grown to hate that pool. The only reason I really joined up with them is they were building a new gym by Quail Springs Mall that was supposed to be open last year, now it looks like it won't be finished at all. The Danforth location isn't really convenient for me so this is the chance to look around but I may end up staying.
Ryan
Olympian

Postby drob » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:19 am

I asked the Edmond Golds when the Quail location would open. The girl at the front desk said it would not be until June now. The Portland location was about 4 months late so who knows. Beware, water aerobics starts at 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays.
I swam with the group at OU Health Science Center tonight for the first time. Nice pool. Nice facilities. Great coaching. All for $8. Every Tuesday night at 7:00, at least through March unless something changes. I heard it might go all the way to September if attendance remains decent. No contracts, just show up and pay.
D. Robinson
OKC
drob
Sprinter

Postby SuzQ » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Many of us do prefer the Y, often due to the family rate but also the pool at downtown is great. I live in Edmond and depending on my crazy work schedule be-bop between downtown (I work on the OUHSC campus) Edmond, and North Side. North side keeps 1-2 swim lanes open during "open swim" and they also have childcare so that is a plus for many. If you are a Y member, you can use the UCO pool, but the times can be restrictive for some. Check the Y web site and go to each location to look at their pool schedule. That might help you make a decision. I have been a Y member for YEARS and for me the 38 bucks a month is perfect. I use the Trails Y (like a mile from my house) for weights/eliptical/treadmill/independent spin cuz it's so close and not very crowded the times I generally go. Once it warms up, I try to get to Arcadia once a week, except last year when it lacked water! Don't forget our splash and dash dates.....once it gets closer to summer.
SuzQ

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD