OCCC Aquatic Center

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

OCCC Aquatic Center

Postby TriSooner88 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Does anyone here have a membership at the OCCC Fitness/Aquatic Center? Their membership fee does not seem too bad ($220 annually for a family) and you get access to what appears to be a nice pool (viewing it online).
2012 - Preparing for my first tri's and du's!!
TriSooner88
Sprinter

Re: OCCC Aquatic Center

Postby pculley » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:29 pm

I had a membership, but it became too far to drive for me. However, probably one of the nicest (if not the nicest) pool in the area. They host a nice sprint triathlon in the summer.
pculley
Age Grouper

Postby TriSooner88 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:04 pm

How crowded does the pool get? The main reason I want a membership to be able to swim. This seemed like the cheapest option if I want to do a couple swim sessions each week.
TriSooner88
Sprinter

Postby pculley » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:12 am

I went there for about two months and never had trouble getting my own lane. However, I always went before 2PM. Also, classes on the campus were in session. You might want to check on the schedule during school breaks. I don't know what the scheduling is between semesters and during breaks. Also, remember to take a towel, they don't provide them.
pculley
Age Grouper

Postby TriSooner88 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:26 pm

I took a look at the drive and it actually makes more sense for me to go to Gold's Gym in Edmond and use their pool to train. By the time gas is factored in for the year, Gold's is about the same price, but closer to where I live.
TriSooner88
Sprinter

Postby kkillgore » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:23 pm

I recommend the YMCA because you can use all their pools depending on where you are in town.

Kristin
Kristin Killgore

Enjoy the Day!!!
kkillgore
Olympian

Postby art schofield » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:22 pm

i go on my days off. it's six dollars each time but it's worth it to me the people are extremly nice and the pool is about 80 degree's. always has lanes open and all the stuff you need ( fins, bouyy's noodles ect.).
art schofield

Postby TriSooner88 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:24 pm

The reasons I was thinking Gold's is because the membership is $25 a month and I have a friend who is starting triathlons who goes there with his wife. He used to be on the swim team back in high school and used to teach swimming as well. It would be nice to have him available to help teach me proper technique.
TriSooner88
Sprinter

Postby golfer17 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:39 pm

Okccc is quite nice. It is also the fastest in the area, so don't forget to factor that in. The hours aren't great, but lunch time is good if you want to be by yourself (and swim in the main lanes that have lines!) and after 5 is good if you want others to swim with (watch for the wall though! I always hit it without a line to tell me when to flip). I go because it is the cheapest option in the area.

art schofield wrote:i go on my days off. it's six dollars each time but it's worth it to me the people are extremly nice and the pool is about 80 degree's. always has lanes open and all the stuff you need ( fins, bouyy's noodles ect.).

You can buy a 20 visit pass for $45. I think it only lasts four months, but it is by far the cheapest option I've found for swimming in OKC.
Journey
golfer17
Sprinter

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD