New member looking for a bike!

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

New member looking for a bike!

Postby jwagz82 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:34 pm

I've recently been given an older road bike that I invested a few dollars in to get it into a rideable condition. I've since fallen in love with bike riding and will likely enter into some upcoming races! I would however like to invest some money into a newer / nicer road bike. It's tax time so I've got somewheres between say, $500 and $600 bucks to spend. I'm 29, about 6' 1", and about 150lbs, does anyone out there have a nice, well maintained, used bike they've been thinking about selling to a young, father of two, low ranking military member on a budget?
jwagz82

Re: New member looking for a bike!

Postby TriSooner88 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:22 pm

I hear you on the wanting to upgrade from an older bike. I am currently rocking a mid-80s Schwinn road bike. The lack of efficiency with the bike is quite astounding. I began riding it at the beginning of last year when I starting cycling to help me get back in shape. If I complete all of my tri's and du's this year, I think I will invest in a bit better bike myself, hopefully a tri bike. At this point, my legs are the limiting factor, not the bike :D . Good luck with the bike search. Have you check Craigslist for one?
2012 - Preparing for my first tri's and du's!!
TriSooner88
Sprinter

Re: New member looking for a bike!

Postby chirocowboy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:10 am

I've totally got your bike!!! call or text me at 405 509 1381

CC
chirocowboy

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD