Bikers injured?

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Bikers injured?

Postby trimantrekokc » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:19 pm

anyone hear anything yet on 2 cyclists hit on Piedmont rd. about nw 150th today? my wife called very upset about having just seen it right after it happened? hoping they are OK!
trimantrekokc
Sprinter

Re: Bikers injured?

Postby buzz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

saw they were both transported to hospital...that's about it. I've ridden that stretch numerous times, and it' 4 lane and not much traffic. Leads me to believe somebody didn't have their eyes on the road.
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby buzz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Picked this off the wire this AM......

Gary Caldwell, the senior pastor at the First Baptist Church of Piedmont, is in serious condition after the Monday afternoon incident near Northwest 150th Street and Piedmont Road, said Associate Pastor Randy McCown. Caldwell has been with the church for 22 years and has been an avid cyclist for more than three decades.
McCown said that Caldwell was riding with Eric Johnson, 21, a custodian at the church. Johnson had only recently picked up cycling as a sport.
Police said the men were headed north on Piedmont Road near Northwest 150th when they were hit from behind by a red pickup.
Oklahoma City police said the fact that both men were wearing helmets saved their lives. Police are still investigating, but officers said the driver of the vehicle was not ticketed at the scene. Police said it does not appear that speed, alcohol or drugs played a factor in the incident.
Photos: Men On Bicycles Hit By Car
Both men were taken to OU Medical Center by ambulance where police say one man is in serious condition and the other is in good condition.
Officers say the driver of the truck is being interviewed.

Read more: http://www.koco.com/news/30612081/detai ... z1oLbIFiWA
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby TriSooner88 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Anyone heard anything new?
2012 - Preparing for my first tri's and du's!!
TriSooner88
Sprinter

Postby TriSooner88 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Found some more information on this link: http://www.piedmonttoday.com/city/investigation-continues-as-pastor-remains-in-serious-condition/

Looks like the Pastor was the one who was severely injured, suffered multiple broken bones and “traumatic brain injury”. The other rider was released from the hospital with road rash and severe bruising.
2012 - Preparing for my first tri's and du's!!
TriSooner88
Sprinter

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD