Mustang/YuKon rides

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Mustang/YuKon rides

Postby bwmsonny1981 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 pm

HI,

I just moved into a house just north of Mustang and I was wondering if anyone knows of any group bike rides in the area.

Jerome
bwmsonny1981

Re: Mustang/YuKon rides

Postby kkillgore » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:29 pm

OBS may have some rides. I know there are used to be rides from Overholser.

Kristin
Kristin Killgore

Enjoy the Day!!!
kkillgore
Olympian

Postby Warner1281 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:54 am

Yeah, OBS does one leaving from the East side of Overholser on Wednesday evenings at 6pm starting in April (when it stops being dark so early). The ride goes into the depths of Yukon before circling back. That's the only organized group ride I was able to find out here on the "west side." Would be nice to get some other ones together, but I'm not the organizing type, lol.
Warner1281

Postby OSUPeterson » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 am

I grew up in that area and now live downtown. Now that I am into cycling, I have ridden from reno and czech hall, up garth brooks into the mustang, around the high school and back. Not a bad ride, just some dumb motorist who don't like to give you room on the rode (especially the cops).

I have been wanting to ride from Yukon over to El Reno and back sometime. Seems like rt. 66 would be a easy route to take.
OSUPeterson

Postby drob » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:05 am

Another good route from east to west is going out on Wilshire all the way to Hwy 81 out of El Reno. From there either turn and go south and come back on Rt 66 or go north a mile and come back on Britton Rd. Britton has a few more hills if you're in to that sort of thing. ;)
D. Robinson
OKC
drob
Sprinter

Postby buzz » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:29 pm

We'll be riding out of Overholser (west side) Sunday the 11th at 9:30am. I live in Mustang, and you're pretty much on your own. I generally get out and hammer Hiway 4 out to Hiway 37 and back. I also have a 45 mile loop of Union City, Minco, Tuttle, Hiway and back, too. Riding out of Rt 66 Park at Overholser, you can go over to Sara, north to Foreman Rd...and take Foreman all the way to El Reno.... and back ( or go all the way out to Cherokee Trading Post and back...which is about 60 miles.
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby dcasandman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:17 pm

I live in Stone Mill in Yukon and usually ride from my house to overhosler around it then take the trail to Hefner and back. That is about 40miles that can easily be stretched out to 50-60. Very little street riding if you are riding solo. I have the same issue finding group rides out here and train by myself 99% of the time. Gets boring at times.
dcasandman
Sprinter

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD