Swim Goggles and Cap

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Swim Goggles and Cap

Postby TriSooner88 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Do you all have any suggestions when it comes to good swim goggles (anti-fog) and a cap? I tried doing a forum search to see if this had been brought up before, but it seems as though the word "goggles" has only been used in one thread.
2012 - Preparing for my first tri's and du's!!
TriSooner88
Sprinter

Re: Swim Goggles and Cap

Postby buzz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:16 pm

1. No 2 heads/face are the same.... you just need to find goggles that fit and are comfortable.
2. Anti-fog..... just use spit. Those anti-fog sprays do more damage than good.
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby kkillgore » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 pm

I would not buy a cap and just start collecting caps from races. We always have plenty of caps to give out. I buy speedo goggles and I have had good luck with them, but it is just a matter of playing with the fit and getting them to work for you.

Kristin
Kristin Killgore

Enjoy the Day!!!
kkillgore
Olympian

Postby TriSooner88 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Thank you for the advice about the anti-fog. Are there any brands I should look for or any places in OKC or Edmond to shop? Will Rt 66 have a cap? If not, I will need to buy one to have for that race.
TriSooner88
Sprinter

Postby buzz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:33 pm

If you're showing Sunday....see me. I'm sure I have a cap that will fit you. And Yes, I will have special printed caps for Rt 66 tri and splash n dash.
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby TriSooner88 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:37 pm

I am going to try to come out Sunday, but my wife has a friend who is staying with us Saturday night and I don't know if she will let me out for the morning with company over :(
TriSooner88
Sprinter

Postby kkillgore » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 pm

I get my goggles from Academy and I have never had to spit in mine. I have had more problems with people hitting my goggles off then fog.
Kristin Killgore

Enjoy the Day!!!
kkillgore
Olympian

Postby drob » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:03 am

I've only been swimming a year or so. I like the heavier silicone cap. It seems to be a lot easier to put on and is much more durable. The pro shop at Lighthouse has a basket of discounted ones with odd logos. As far as goggles, I like the last pair I bought and they too were silicone. A little more expensive, but much more comfortable than the cheaper ones. The nose piece was formed, not just a plastic strap. If vision is a concern, I recently noticed they sell optically adjusted goggles. Both eyes are the same but they come in powers from 1.50 to 3.0 or so. I might try them next. Would be cool to actually see the blob I am supposed to be swimming towards. Just my two cents.
D. Robinson
OKC
drob
Sprinter

Postby TriSooner88 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:14 pm

drob wrote:I've only been swimming a year or so. I like the heavier silicone cap. It seems to be a lot easier to put on and is much more durable. The pro shop at Lighthouse has a basket of discounted ones with odd logos. As far as goggles, I like the last pair I bought and they too were silicone. A little more expensive, but much more comfortable than the cheaper ones. The nose piece was formed, not just a plastic strap. If vision is a concern, I recently noticed they sell optically adjusted goggles. Both eyes are the same but they come in powers from 1.50 to 3.0 or so. I might try them next. Would be cool to actually see the blob I am supposed to be swimming towards. Just my two cents.

I appreciate that information! My vision uncorrected is about 20/650, but when I wear my contacts I get to 20/25. I think I will stick with contacts and some regular goggles :D
TriSooner88
Sprinter

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD