Running Analysis / Coach

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Running Analysis / Coach

Postby tdjme » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:30 pm

I've been told my running form is flawed... that I should be using glutes more and that I use hip extensors too much. This leads me to think it would be a good investment to get a proper running form analysis and a little coaching.

Any recommendations as to where I can go / who I can see?
... not fast but having a lot of fun!..
tdjme
Age Grouper

Re: Running Analysis / Coach

Postby seymourdawg » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:47 pm

My wife is a certified Newton running coach and can do everything you're asking. Her email is: lynnmattix@hotmail.com
seymourdawg

Postby OSUPeterson » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:28 pm

If you are in pain and are sore, probably would be good to go see a coach.

If you are running where you want and are not in pain or have lots of soreness, its probably just the way your body wants to run. Your body is going to try and find the most efficient way to run that it can, sometimes you can do more to hurt your stride by trying to change it imo.
OSUPeterson

Postby seymourdawg » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Long discussion, but watch the Boston Marathon replay. The lead runners, they land mid to forefoot. That being said, there are some top runners that heel strike, but not many.
Watch youtube videos of Ryan Hall and Craig Alexander running. Everyone is different, but.....
seymourdawg

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD