Swim Area Distance at Spring Creek?

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Swim Area Distance at Spring Creek?

Postby tdjme » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:01 pm

I was at Arcadia / Spring Creek Park Sunday for the first time this year. Two questions:

(1) Does anyone know the length of the swim-area rope line? It looked like about 10 yards between the round rope-line buoys, so swimming out and back along the tope line 13 buoys should be about 260 yards?

(2) The big white buoy outside of the swim area seems to have been moved since last year. Does anyone know the distance out to that buoy (assuming you start swimming by the campground area under the trees, which is at the far edge of the swim-area rope line, south side, where we usually park), and then from the buoy on to the north end of the swim-area rope line? I guesstimated an out and back of that swim path to be around 550-600?
... not fast but having a lot of fun!..
tdjme
Age Grouper

Re: Swim Area Distance at Spring Creek?

Postby buzz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:30 pm

I will be out there this afternoon with a range finder. Buoy is not in the same spot as last year, also, distances change based on lake level and wind direction
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby tdjme » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks Buzz. I was trying to swim 2000 meters and sort of gave up after a while. I tried measuring by length of the buoy line, then tried by number of swim strokes (but strokes are a bit different in open water and I can't count very high anyway...), so finally I just settled on swimming for a set time. Looking forward to your results!
tdjme
Age Grouper

Postby tdjme » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Hey Buzz - did you ever get those measurements?
tdjme
Age Grouper

Postby buzz » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:18 pm

The only thing I measured was the white buoy to the south shore just outside the swim area Start of S&D to white buoy...90 yards
2012.... it may be ugly, but at least I'll be racing :-)
buzz
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby jpayubi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:39 am

If you get in to the right of the swim area, go straight out to the bouy, turn left, pass two bouys, turn left again to be headed into shore and turn around the bouy neares shore and then reverse back all the way around you will be at between 750 and 800 yds. This is based on two seperate GPS readings. Enjoy...JP
jpayubi

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD