Swim training at OUHSC, Wednesdays

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Swim training at OUHSC, Wednesdays

Postby drob » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:01 am

Good news. I understand coach Leah Long is back at OUHSC giving swimmers good workouts to follow. This was a lot of fun last year. Gave me a nice change in swim workouts and a few swim tips too. Swimmers get grouped into different lanes according to speed, so you don't have to worry about keeping up. But if you want to be pushed, just move over a lane. Last year there was room for all. I think it starts next Wednesday, 7 November, 6:00 p.m. It does cost $8 per visit. Considering visit Gold's costs something like $15 for a one day visit, this seems to be a decent deal. Nice facilities too. 50 meter pool, salt water, whirlpool, towels... Getting pumped for new workouts. :D
D. Robinson
OKC
drob
Sprinter

Re: Swim training at OUHSC, Wednesdays

Postby Warner1281 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Small correction... 25m pool.
Warner1281

Re: Swim training at OUHSC, Wednesdays

Postby drob » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:18 am

Doat! It's only 25! No wonder my times seemed so much slower everywhere else. I thought I was swimming 50s the whole time. ;)
Thanks for the correction. Actually thats how I count laps, down and back is 1, so 50 was how I remembered the pool. I was surprised how much difference there was between 25 yds and 25 m. I know it is only like 8 feet, but it seems a lot longer. See you there.
D. Robinson
OKC
drob
Sprinter

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD