Contact Lens Wearers?

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Contact Lens Wearers?

Postby Mallen » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:12 pm

Hey All-

I wear contacts and I notice when I am cycling that thy become pretty dry from the air flow. I've worn sunglasses, but they weren't really molded to fit closely over the eye and they didn't provide much help. Any suggestions on sunglasses that you've really enjoyed for this purpose?
Mallen

Re: Contact Lens Wearers?

Postby Rob Bell » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:29 pm

Mallen wrote:Hey All-

I wear contacts and I notice when I am cycling that thy become pretty dry from the air flow. I've worn sunglasses, but they weren't really molded to fit closely over the eye and they didn't provide much help. Any suggestions on sunglasses that you've really enjoyed for this purpose?

I don't wear contacts, but I really like the coverage i get from my rudy project tayos. They really wrap around my face and cover my whole field of vision. The nose piece is adjustable so you can really tweak how high or low they sit. I think they'd work well for what you are asking.

Most importantly, they look SUPER cool. I own two pairs, my teamate Alex owns two pairs, and my other teamate Todd owns a pair.
Rob Bell
Iron Athlete

Re: Contact Lens Wearers?

Postby Kris K » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:39 pm

Mallen wrote:Hey All-

I wear a pair that cost me $0.88 on eBay. They are so cheap that I don't have to worry about breaking them, I actually even cut down the ear pieces so that they don't get clamped under my helmet or visor (which gives me a headache). They block the wind with full coverage, but provide enough ventilation that they don't fog up. Best value I've come across.

They are cheap, so if you want something that is quality and doesn't feel flimsy, these aren't what you're looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1
Kris K
Ultra Iron Athlete

Postby Billy Lewis » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:18 pm

I wear contacts and wear Rudy Projects and have had good luck with them. I know other riders that have had good luck with Oakleys and Smith. Just try some different styles on and see what works for you...adjustability is pretty standard on most of these.
Billy Lewis

Postby Mallen » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:30 pm

Billy Lewis wrote:I wear contacts and wear Rudy Projects and have had good luck with them. I know other riders that have had good luck with Oakleys and Smith. Just try some different styles on and see what works for you...adjustability is pretty standard on most of these.

The Rudy Project dealer search function on the website isn't that great. Are there any retail stores where I can peruse, or do only opticians deal in this brand?
Mallen

Postby Rob Bell » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:41 pm

Mallen wrote:
The Rudy Project dealer search function on the website isn't that great. Are there any retail stores where I can peruse, or do only opticians deal in this brand?

Steve at Bicycle Store Too has some Rudy Project glasses in stock. I know he has a couple pair of tayos.

Last time I was at OK Runner in Norman there were some Rudy Projects there.

Celestial Cycles has one pair of Rudy Project Ekynox glasses (the style that replaced the tayo) that he said he'd take $50 for. Thats a good price, but they had a gaudy American flag print on them.

Ebay is a good place to look for rudy projects. The nice thing about RP is they have a lense replacement program. You can send them your old lenses and $15 and get a brand new set of lenses in whatever color you want.
Rob Bell
Iron Athlete

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD