Performance Testing: Lactate Testing, Body Comp and Training

We have simplified the Message Board and cut out all the different TOPICS. This should be easier to track most recent chatter. So feel free to post, ask, and answer on any MULTISPORT topic!!!!!

Performance Testing: Lactate Testing, Body Comp and Training

Postby DrMiller » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:25 am

Hi there,

I am a faculty member at Oklahoma City University in Strength and Conditioning/Kinesiology and as a part of our Human Performance Lab we do Lactate Threshold testing (Lactate Pro) and Body Fat testing (calipers). If that is of interest to anyone please drop me an email. I am also training local athletes looking to improve their athletic ability and sports performance. All training and testing takes place at OCU. Drop me an email if you are interested and for pricing. Both the testing and training are reasonably priced.

Additionally, if you just want to shoot the breeze or have questions about sports science, please feel free to contact me!

Thank you and take care!
Jason Miller, PhD, CSCS*D, USAW
Assistant Professor in Kinesiology and Exercise Studies.
Oklahoma City University
DrMiller

Postby tdjme » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:48 pm

What is your email address Jason?
... not fast but having a lot of fun!..
tdjme
Age Grouper

Postby DrMiller » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Sorry about that, I forgot that important info:

EMAIL: jmiller2@okcu.edu

Drop me a line anytime.
Jason
DrMiller

Postby markh405 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:22 pm

I wanted to report to the group that I took advantage of this offer and got some great information from the testing. I am new to tri's this year but I want to get better and thought this would be useful to both let me see where I am currently, & also identify some target training zones. I got all that & more.

If you have never done this testing (like me) I think you will find it very useful. I won't go into what I got out of it, as I think it would be different for each person anyway, but I can say with certainty that my training will be more targeted now than it was before and I feel like I have a super set of goals for the winter.

Mark
markh405

Re: Performance Testing: Lactate Testing, Body Comp and Trai

Postby DrMiller » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:12 am

Hey everyone, I just wanted to throw out there we are still offering testing and consultation services for any interested athletes through the Oklahoma City University Sports Performance program. Services include:

Lactate Threshold Testing
Body Composition
Gait Analysis
Cholesterol, blood lipid, glucose testing
Movement screen

Please contact me with any questions and pricing info.
Thank you,
Dr. Jason Miller
Professor in Exercise and Sport Science
Oklahoma City University
DrMiller

Postby DrMiller » Fri May 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Had some great TriOkc members stop by these last two weeks and take advantage of the services we have here at OCU Sports Performance.

If you need lactate threshold testing, body composition, gait or movement screen analyses done please send me an email. I would be happy to give more information about what OCU Sports Performance could do for you.

Thank you to all the athletes that have participated already.
Dr. Miller
Department of Exercise and Sport Performance
Oklahoma City University
DrMiller

Postby Carin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:45 pm

I had the opportunity to sit down and visit with Jason this week. I am so impressed. Every athlete from beginner to elite could benefit from LT testing, run analysis and functional movement screen. Jason has an incredible breadth of knowledge and practical experience to back it up. Both the Run analysis and movement screen offer an amazing value and are very reasonably priced. The depth of analysis he offers can help pinpoint musclular and mechanical weaknesses, as well as flexibility issues to help prevent injuries that creep up as we increase our training through the year, as well as increase speed and efficiency. It's definitely worth the time and investment.
Carin

Postby DrMiller » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:11 am

Hello everyone, just wanted to throw out there my services again and as always thank all those who have already taken advantage. I look forward to hearing from you and providing assistance to those wanting to stay injury free and improve performance.

I have also added strength training programming for endurance athletes to the services I provide. I would be happy to tailor make a program for those interested.

Jason Miller, PhD
Assistant Professor of Exercise and Sport Science
Oklahoma City University
jmiller2@okcu.edu
DrMiller

Postby DrMiller » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:21 am

Just an update for any interested athlete. We have acquired a bike trainer with a Wattage output so if you would like to come in and do a lactate threshold assessment we now have the capabilities for you to bring in your own bike rather than ride our clinical exercise bike.

Drop me an email at Oklahoma City University Sports Performance for more information on lactate threshold testing, running gait analysis, body composition and movement screen assessments. All the assessments we offer can be effective tools to improve performance, reduce the chance of injury and tune up your training program.

Thank you as always and thank you again for all the triokc athletes that have already made a visit to OCU Sports Performance.

Dr. Miller
jmiller2@okcu.edu
DrMiller

Postby DrMiller » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Dr. Miller here again, one last update. We also have added a clinical treadmill to our lab which enables us to do lactate threshold testing on the treadmill as well. Just shoot me an email if you would like more information or would like to set up a time to stop by OCU Sports Performance.

Take care,
Jason
DrMiller

Postby DrMiller » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Hey TriOKC, I hope the training is going well. I just wanted to throw out the services at OCU Sports Performance. We continute to have TriOKC athletes come in and find the value of testing. Services include:

Lactate threshold testing (on the treadmill, your own bike or clinical exercise bike)
Running Gait Analysis (high speed video analysis of your running form)
Movement Screen Analysis (7 tests to see how you move)
Body Composition Testing (skinfolds)

Schedule an appointment today, just shoot me an email.
Dr. Jason Miller
jmiller2@okcu.edu
DrMiller

Return to THE TRI-OKC MESSAGE BOARD